Ya know what? My life is full of sweet little moments. So many sweet moments that I didn't even know I would have when I dreamed of my future as a child. Life isn't too exciting for us right now - at least its not full of the adventures I dreamed I would have in my early twenties when I was 12. Noah and I are in school. I work full time. I graduate in 5 weeks (yay!) and will be busy studying for my medical school entrance exams. We go to church (when I don't work sundays) and we have a few friends. Its definitely not kayaking down the Amazon river, providing health care in the jungle, doing photojournalism and speaking at conferences - like I thought it would. But I know that time will come. We are well on our way as we meet each goal we make. But life definitely isn't boring. Marriage is such an incredible adventure, even better than the amazon! And I'm pretty sure its because of God's greatest gift to me - my husband. We hold tight to eachother in these rather lonely, hard times. On the weekends he drops me off and picks me up at work, just so we can see eachother a little more. I drive down on the weekdays so we can have lunch together at the university. we love to grocery shop together, cook together, fold laundry together. He knows even before I do when I am feeling stressed out. I love these precious, sweet moments. We have been married nearly 18 months and we still could spend every minute together and not get sick of eachother. Cuddling in bed together is just as amazing as it was on our honeymoon! Maybe TMI but I haven't taken a shower by myself since the day I got married (hehe). When we don't get enough cuddles we tell eachother, "we need cuddle time" and we just relax in eachothers arms. It may not be exploring the amazon, but I just love these moments together. And I know in the future we won't have the time we do now to spend with eachother. So I'm grateful for this slow season, even for the lonely season. It would be nice to have more friends, but I know when I look back at this time I will be so thankful for all our time together.
I had better go....my love has baked us cornbread and it smells sooo good, I can't ignore it any longer!
and cuddles await.....
No comments:
Post a Comment