Ok, so today was one of those days where I was dreaming about my future babies. Noah and I went for a walk through the conservatory down the road from us. And there were so many cute little legs and noses walking around with their parents that I wanted to die!!! We talked about names. We have already decided them, but we still like talking about it :) We also talk heaps about how we are going to parent. I have some amazing role models in my life (ahem, Monica Ritche) who I love talking to about this stuff. She gets my heart. She parents in a way that I totally hope to follow. I'm would ya say, in the 'alternative' camp when it comes to parenting. We will probably have our baby sleep in our room for a while. Maybe in their own cot, maybe in a co-sleeper. I want to breast feed. On demand. I don't want to do the 'cry-it-out' method. I will probably sleep train, but in a really really gentle and slow way. I want to love my baby through and through. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about no routine here. I know I will stick to a really strict routine. Babies and kids need that. They don't function well without it. I don't function well without it! Our kids will go to bed early so Noah and I have time together. We will have regular naps and outings. But when it comes to holding, feeding and loving. I just don't think I'm going to withhold. I know a lot of awesome moms who don't do this, and are more strict, and thats totally cool. And who knows, I'm sure by the time our little darling comes around I will have different thoughts. But Ive watched some mums who practice attachment parenting, and I feel like its more my style too.
I can't wait to just get to be home with my baby. Noah is going to be an amazing dad too. After a year or so I really want to be able to go back to work for a day or two a week, and it turns out Noah really wants to be able to stay home a day or two a week too. We think shared parenting will work really well for us.


We babysat these cuties every friday for a year. We had so much fun putting these guys in their car seats (into my two door car!!) and carting them to chi alpha. We had soooo much fun. It was great to be able to do it together while we were dating. I know we fell more in love with eachother because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment