Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hindsight

I *LOVE* Summer. Especially when I live in a state that feels like the polar arctic five to six months of the year.
Its also been especially sweet because Noah graduated at the end of June with his Masters degree, and while he was looking for work we had lots of wonderful precious time together! Whenever I was home from work, hubs was there. So we had lots of time to go on dates, talk and hang out. I don't know if we will ever get time like that again, besides from vacation time my husband takes, and I am so glad we had it.

However, everything is clear with hindsight. During the three months hubs didn't have a job and was looking for one, it was really hard. We had all this time to talk, but we were well aware of all of our upcoming expenses with possibly having an international move in six months. Noah pretty much never worries, so we spent a lot of hours of Amy being worried and Noah telling her that everything was going to be ok. In my heart I knew that this time together was special and needed to be enjoyed, but then I would become overwhelmed at being a one income family and thinking of how we really needed Noah to get a job. I wish I could look back and think, "man I enjoyed every single minute of our summer and didn't waste a second". But I did. On worry, anxiety, fear, sadness. Its embarrassing. It drove my husband crazy. I wish I could have my husbands optimism and trust. But that's why I have him, to make me a better person.

And you know what? Noah has a job now. We have two incomes. Everything IS ok. I wish I just could have relaxed and enjoyed it. Not put stress on my husband.
I hope I look back on this time and lesson and remember to not waste what is in front of me. That wherever I am, to BE there. Not in the past. Not in the future. But just present within the season at hand.



Some photos of our summer activities....

Picking strawberries
Enjoying lunch at my favorite organic & local french bakery
Paddle Boarding!
Saturday morning at the Farmers market by the Mississippi river


w




No comments: