"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis.
Moral busybodies:
- people who vehemently believe in their own choices, and so take it upon themselves to tell you that you are wrong like
vaccines are bad
giving birth in a hospital is dangerous
feeding your child formula is evil
being a working mom means your children will end up in jail
While I plan on breastfeeding, co-sleeping and peaceful parenting I also plan on working, vaccinating my children and giving birth in a hospital. I come from a mix of two worlds. This is whats right for me. Why can't people just be ok with whats right for them???? why force everyone else to believe it too?!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment