Wednesday, December 28, 2011

So Much Birthday and Christmas Joy!!

Gee wizz this time of the year provides so much to blog about!!

Noah and I trekked down to Omaha where we had another christmas with the Clarks! This wonderful family took Noah in to live with them during his last year of high school - when I finally met them in 2010, the summer after we were married, I fell fast in love with them as well! They truly are just like family. They took us in last Christmas, and I was blown away by how they treated us just like one of the kids. We had our own stockings and just as many presents under the tree as their own children! I was SO excited to experience it all again. One of the most special parts of our time with the Clarks is experiencing family life again - all of us 'kids' (Nate (29), Matt (27), Emily 24)) eating breakfast in our pjs in the morning, chilling in the living room playing settlers etc.... I love living with a family again. I appreciate it so much more now than I did as a kid - sorry Mum and Dad!! Brian and Janet (adopted mum and dad in law) are so awesome. They have lived all over Europe, and I always learn so much from there - especially because Janet is a therapist. She always has such wise insight! I feel challenged, intellectually and emotionally when we visit and all the kids are together. Nathan is completing his PhD in medical technology, Matthew works for the Department of Defense in WA D.C. in Cyber Security and Emily has a degree in Neuroscience and works at a hospital with patients that have inner-ear problems. Brian is a career military consultant for the Department of Defense now, and travels the world attending diplomatic functions( how fun!?!) and Janet is the coolest counselor you will ever meet!
I am always encouraged to face my fears, become the person I want to be and savor what matters in life when I am with these people.
Most of all, I am reminded to challenge mediocrity and be an honest and free thinker - and to LOVE.



{My love and I on my birthday :)}





{On the 23rd, my birthday gifts: New purse & Wallet, Anthro bolero & aquamarine/diamond/white gold earrings....yes I was SPOILED!}



{Em and I showing off our new Anthro tops...I also have the one Em is wearing!}




{Em and I hard at work preparing for our dinner party - recipes to come!}




{Emily and I excited after our Anthropologie purchases on the 22nd}




{Enjoying being together at Johnny's Steak house on the 23rd}








{gotta love group singing in action}






{Handsome's awesome cake :) did I mention that on the morning of my birthday he woke up super early to go get me my favorite coffee? yes I woke up with a kiss of the cheeck and a venti soy caramel latte in my hand - what a good hubby! oh and then he made me eggs benedict for breakfast in bed!}





{I have wanted this puppy for some time...so excited to do some french cooking!}



{present opening frenzy...actually we all opened one at the same time - lots of ooo
s and ahhh's!}



{full stockings on christmas morning...including a starbucks gift card, eeee!!!}


Its now the 29th, and after a trip back to MN to work christmas day, Noah and I made the drive back to Omaha to spend a few more days with the Clarks.

No comments: