Monday, December 12, 2011

I have a Bachelors Degree!

It was a wonderful day on December 10th, when I graduated with my Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree! Noah and I woke up early He made me a cup of coffee and we hopped in the car! We drove to mankato and met up with our family,Brian and Janet Clark. We had a yummy breakfast then we headed to the University! As you can imagine it was the usual - cap and gown, listening to lots of boring speeches and then my name was announced!
Amy Hensley, Summa Cum Laude
(heck yes, I worked hard for the latin title at the end!!)

Noah gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and other goodies, including a starbucks :)
then we went out to dinner. it was perfect, wonderful and I felt so celebrated!!

It was fun this time around because I already had a job and had passed my nursing boards! last time all of that was still ahead of me (and a wedding, cross country move and new start!). I am so grateful to have completed my education. I have an excellent vocation that I can always use to support my family if need be. It serves others and glorifies the Lord, I am sooooo blessed!!!
I have more plans for school, but even if those never happen I can rest easy having completed a degree of some kind!!!! :)

I am so, so grateful & privileged.















No comments: