Monday, April 2, 2012

De-brief of test day.


So I did it. I took my huge, scary, freakishly hard test. Its the first step to getting into medical school in Australia. It was hideous, to say the least. I did well in the first two parts, but the science section was awful!! I felt like I guessed the entire three hours. When I came out I thought I would just burst into tears like the past two practice tests. But I was surprisingly calm. I think it was because I have been covered in so much prayer. My parents, friends and Noah all showered me with prayers. I also think I realized that this was not the end of the world. Being a doctor is not everything. Some days it feels like it is, but I know it isn't. When I cried about this to my mum she told me this...

"Honey, life isn't about what you do. It's about who you are. You are loved. You are a wife, daughter, sister and friend. You will love being a mother. These are all so important and are not defined by what you do. Just learn to be. Even if you fail at this, it isn't fatal. None of us will think you are a failure. We are proud that you are even being courageous and taking this darn test despite the outcome. "

Why do mums just always know exactly what to say?
So after the test I took a deep breath, and practiced the spiritual exercise of breathing in the peace, and breathing out the anxiety and fear. All of my mums comforting words came back, and so did the peace of Jesus.

Everything is going to be ok.
Failure is not fatal.
If God wants me to be a doctor, He can work miracles.
He has GOOD plans for me.

I have two months until I find out the results. Two months to let it all go, and learn to really trust God with this. These lessons are so hard sometimes to learn, but so good for our growth!

4 comments:

Eliza :: Case Study said...

They really always do know what to say! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment! xoxo, eliza

Erin James said...

I just found your blog through the Girl Party link up :)

XO
Erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

bonbon said...

Found your blog through Nicole's girl party. Good look getting in! Sometimes the waiting period is the hardest, but it's also kind of a nice break because you know you've done the best you can and you can't do anything more, just relax and wait.

Love your picture with the pink flowered trees. (forgot what they're called.) BEAUTIFUL!

new follower :)
bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

Reetz said...

Sounds like you heard a real good lot of truth from your Mumma. So happy you have people in your life and so much love towards you. DEFinitely a massive thing you even going for it, sounds horrible and I'm confident I would never have the courage to take the test - so super proud/stoked for you to even do it. It'll happen if it's the right place for you to be, either way, another stepping stone in the direction of where Jesus has you placed best to bless the luckiest people that get to have you in their lives.
xo